Let London Damp Specialist stop this destructive problem in your home or property
Penetrating Damp is one of the most destructive and invasive problems you can encounter in your property. There are different reasons for penetrating damp depending on where it’s located. Roof problems can cause damp spots to appear on your ceiling. This includes broken or missing roof tiles, or even burst or leaking pipes in the attic of your property. If you are seeing damp on your walls, this is most likely due to defects in the exterior plaster or brickwork such as the pointing or even an improperly sealed window.
How to Treat Penetrating Damp
London Damp Specialists will diagnose the cause of your problem with a damp survey and then report back to you with a remedial plan. A typical course of action may include:
- Repairing exterior cracks.
- Repair pointing showing signs of ageing and deterioration.
- Remove any deteriorated plaster.
- Introduce a salt neutraliser to walls to dissolve salts present from water penetration.
- Install tanking, a liquid coating that bonds to damp brickwork and forms a waterproof barrier.
- Apply a waterproof sand and cement interior render.
- Add a smooth skim coat plaster.
- Waterproof sand and cement exterior render.