Rising Damp Treatment
Let London Damp Specialist stop this problem from affecting your health and your home
Rising Damp Treatment London
Rising damp in London is common, often misdiagnosed, and it can cause great harm to your home or property, as well as posing a health risk. If an amateur or unprofessional company incorrectly applies rising damp treatment it can result in further difficulties and expense and not offer a solution. London Damp Specialist offers leading damp proofing treatments in London and can diagnose the problem with a quick rising damp survey. We then recommend a course of treatment to fix it permanently.
What are the Signs of Rising Damp?
Rising Damp can manifest itself in several ways:
- Peeling wallpaper
- Damp or damaged plaster
- Damp or damaged skirting boards
- A tide line on the walls - as high as 1m or more
- Yellow/brown stains on the walls
- Fluffy, raised, powdery residue on plaster
If you notice any of these, you may have rising damp in your property.
Rising Damp Solutions
Bricks are highly permeable and moisture will travel through them quickly. It is vital to have any suspected rising damp inspected by a damp surveyor and then handled professionally with the assurance that it will be stopped in its tracks and eradicated. Expert analysis from London Damp Specialists will result in a thorough plan for its permanent elimination, which may include:
- Removal of any damp plaster
- Chemical injections to the damp proof course to repair it
- Adding a salt neutraliser to walls to dissolve salts present from damp penetration
- Installation of tanking, a liquid coating that bonds to damp brickwork and forms a waterproof barrier
- Applying a waterproof sand and cement interior render
- Making good with a smooth skim coat plaster