Rising Damp Treatment
Let London Damp Specialist stop this problem from affecting your health and your home
Rising Damp Treatment London
Rising damp can occur often in London, but it is frequently misunderstood, and it can cause significant damage to your home or property as well as pose a health risk. If an inexperienced or unskilled business conducts rising damp treatment improperly, it might cause additional problems and expenditure while also failing to provide a remedy. London Damp Specialist provides highly effective damp proofing remedies across the city and can assess the issue with a swift rising damp survey. We then offer a treatment plan to permanently correct the problem.
Watch this video to find out more!
What are the Signs of Rising Damp?
Rising Damp can manifest itself in several ways:
- Peeling wallpaper
- Damp or damaged plaster
- Damp or damaged skirting boards
- A tide line on the walls - as high as 1m or more
- Yellow/brown stains on the walls
- Fluffy, raised, powdery residue on plaster
If you notice any of these, you may have rising damp in your property.
Rising Damp Solutions
Because bricks are highly permeable and moisture moves quickly through them, it is critical to have any suspected rising damp inspected by a damp surveyor and subsequently handled professionally, with a guarantee of knowing it will be stopped in its tracks and eliminated. Expert evaluation from london damp specialists will result in a comprehensive plan for its permanent elimination, which may include:
- Removal of any damp plaster
- Chemical injections to the damp proof course to repair it
- Adding a salt neutraliser to walls to dissolve salts present from damp penetration
- Installation of tanking, a liquid coating that bonds to damp brickwork and forms a waterproof barrier
- Applying a waterproof sand and cement interior render
- Making good with a smooth skim coat plaster